This year Pride Weekend in Seattle got a boost on Friday, when the US Supreme Court ruled in favor of gay marriage in all 50 states. There was even more joy and positive energy in the air all weekend than usual, and the good luck continued when a nice refreshing rain shower passed through just before the start of the parade, cooling everyone off after the record heat we’ve been having this month. The overcast skies lingered throughout most of the parade, which made for great photo conditions. We spent a few hours across from the Cinerama at 4th & Lenora on the parade route, and were lucky enough to have both groups in front of us leave so that eventually we were right up front along the railing, even though we hadn’t arrived early in the morning to stake out a spot.
I took hundreds of photos, and posted them in seven Sway photo albums:
- Seattle Pride Parade 2015 – miscellaneous photos
- Closeups of parade participants; love my 70-200mm F/2.8 lens!
- Dykes on Bikes kicking off the parade and getting the crowd pumped up.
- Nude bicyclists (semi-NSFW, depending on where you work)
- Companies and organizations participating in the parade
- Dogs participating in the parade
- The crowd watching the parade, which was often as entertaining as the parade itself
I’ve also embedded each album below for convenience. Happy Pride 2015, Seattle!